23 July 2019: Crazy Snot and an Unexpected Journey (part 2)

Hello all,

Another transfer has come and gone, and once again, I am packing my bags for a very unexpected journey. I found out yesterday that I will be leaving North Las Vegas, and Las Vegas in general, and going on an unexpected 6+ week journey to Henderson, Nevada, which is still in the Las Vegas valley. I will be serving in a Spanish branch there as well as an English ward there! I will also be a zone leader there with another native Spanish speaker from Chihuaha, Mexico! I am very excited to go there, albeit sad that I am leaving Mtn Shadows/Laurel Canyon, and Elder Dominguez. We had a baptism this past weekend, for Simona. It was awesome!! She was sooo happy! We also had a 2 day stake (large group of congregations) activity celebrating Pioneer day. It was really fun! 

As for the title of my email, we had a dinner on Sunday with a Hawaiian, family, and they were excited to feed us a meal named "Loco Moco" which in Spanish translates to "Crazy Snot". I thought that was funny. It was pretty good, basically rice, ground beef, brown gravy, and a fried egg, stacked on top of each other.

Love you all!

Elder Lovell

Pics
Brother Lavulo and I. He is a member I grew close to in Laurel Canyon. He is from Tonga!

A melting crayon. Remember last year's melting crayon?

Simona and her son. Both Elder Dominguez and I had to be in the font so I could support her bad back while Elder Dominguez baptized her.

Pioneer days fun for all of the elders in the North Stake.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 May 2020: You Can't Make Up a Mission

21 April 2020: Small and simple things

28 April 2020: The Standard of Truth